SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TODAY!
The Registered Nurse is responsible for all patient care activities in the Pre-operative, PACU, GI, and Minor Room. The RN provides direct patient care in these areas including assessments, vital signs, medication administration, patient education, and documentation to meet the needs of the patient.
- Adheres to EOSC safety initiatives. Recognizes and reports observed or suspected safety violations, hazards and non-compliance with EOSC’s policies and procedures and initiates corrective action and preventive measures as appropriate.
- Provides an individualized plan of care for all patients as outlined in the nursing process and per policy. Cross trained and functional in all areas to meet the needs of the department.
- Remains competent and adheres to the EOSC policy for patient verifications, universal protocol, and timeout.
- Remains competent in conscious sedation. Documents all medications administered, vital signs, EKG, and patient status on the conscious sedation, GI, or pain record.
- Collaborates with the PCT’s to stock all pre-op rooms and PACU bays with all medical supplies and linens. Monitors supplies maintained on dock and keeps all supplies neat and organized. Maintains supplies and nutrition items in PACU nutrition area.
- Performs daily/weekly/monthly/terminal cleaning for pre-op and PACU; signs off after completion.
- Utilizes EOSC equipment and supplies effectively and economically. Remains organized with time and identifies ways to streamline processes to increase efficiency.
- Reads and responds to company email in a timely manner. Email must be checked at least weekly, or as defined in the Employee Handbook, either on-site or remotely through the EOSC website.
- Complies with all EOSC policies/procedures, Joint Commission, IDPH, CMS and other regulatory agencies’ standards and guidelines.
- Participates in performance improvement and quality initiatives. Assists with gathering quality data, completing audits, participating on committees, etc.
- Reads and responds to company email in a timely manner. Email must be checked twice weekly, or as defined in the Employee Handbook, either on-site or remotely through the EOSC website.
- Performs daily/weekly/terminal cleaning for operating room; signs off after completion.
- Complies with all EOSC policies/procedures, AORN, Joint Commission, IDPH, CMS and other regulatory agencies' standards and guidelines.
- Accepts personal responsibility and ownership. Does not assign blame. Accepts constructive criticism. Is able to look at the process to determine what failed and what changes can be made to achieve positive outcomes in the future.
- Interacts with physicians, team members throughout the organization and management, in a positive, considerate and professional manner. Collaborates with other leaders within the organization and works together in a spirit of collegiality to achieve a common end. Leads by example.
- Displays problem-solving/decision-making skills to support positive team outcomes. Is proactive. Addresses issues directly with the person/people involved at the right time in the right setting. Follows chain of command to resolve problems, but escalates recurrent issues when needed. Puts EOSC's patients and the overall team before self.
- Is an active participant. Offers input into department and EOSC's overall goals. Attends and contributes ideas/recommendations in team meetings and in-services. Willingly accepts and/or seeks out additional assignments/duties.
- Demonstrates ability to adapt to a changing environment; shows flexibility with assignments.
- Shares skills, knowledge and expertise with team members through the organization.
- Is punctual and dependable.
- •Minimum of 2-3 years of clinical nursing experience in the Intensive Care Unit, Emergency Department, Post Anesthesia Care Unit, or Telemetry Unit. Previous experience working in an ASC preferred.
- •Current, unrestricted licensure in the State of Illinois as a Registered Nurse; BSN degree preferred.
- •Possess and maintain Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Obtain Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification within 6 months.
- Prolonged periods of standing, bending or walking and repetitive use of hands.
- May be required to push carts/wheelchairs and assist with moving patients weighing up to 300 pounds. May be required to move heavy OR equipment such as standing microscopes, OR tables and video/monitoring towers.
- May be required to wear lead aprons weighing in excess of 10 lbs
- Employees are at risk for occupational exposure to blood and other potentially infectious materials (OPIM) and must comply with the procedures and work practices outlined in EOSC's policies and procedures including the use of all necessary personal protective equipment (PPE) and engineering controls (e.g., sharps containers, labels, and red bags) per regulatory standards.
- Required to handle cleaning agents including disinfectants, enzymatic solutions and chemical sterilants and must comply with the procedures and work practices outlined in EOSC's policies and procedures including the use of all necessary personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Able to work independently, manage multiple priorities at once, and work within aggressive timelines. Must be able to work in a fast-paced, multi-specialty environment. Must be team oriented and remain flexible with job performance, daily assignments and work schedules in order to best serve the needs of our patients, department and EOSC. Embrace the Patients | Center | Self philosophy.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Well organized and detail oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to interact with people at all levels including patients, nursing staff, technicians, business office staff, other managers, physicians, executive management, etc.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. This document is not intending to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, and working conditions for the persons so classified. An employee may be assigned or requested to perform other related duties.